The COVID-19 Winter Grant Scheme designed to help with the cost of food, energy (including heating and lighting), water bills and other essentials has been extended until April 16th to cover the school Easter holidays.
If you are one of the eligible Rutland households with children aged 0-19 who has already applied for a Winter Support Grant food payment and received the e-voucher for the Christmas fortnight and/or the February half term, you will automatically be sent a £35.00 e-voucher per child for the 11 days of the Easter school holiday. You do not need to reapply or contact the Council unless your contact details for receipt of the voucher have changed.
If you have not applied previously but are a Rutland resident who meets the criteria, you should apply for the Easter payment. You are eligible to apply for a payment if you already receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
How to apply
Eligible Rutland households can find more information and apply for a Winter Grant until 9th April 2021. Applications can be made online at: www.rutland.gov.uk/wintergrants.
If you have any questions about the Covid-19 Winter Grant Scheme please email email@example.com.
If you cannot complete the application form online, please contact our Customer Services team by calling 01572 722 577.