Many parents have questions about their child’s education, as well as the return to school of their Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 children.
The Department for Education (DfE) has developed the following guidance and resources to support and inform parents at this time:
- What parents & carers need to know about schools and other education settings during the outbreak
- Q&A answering key questions parents may have
- A press release from the Prime Minister, confirming that schools, colleges and nurseries are on track to begin phased reopening
- Guidance on phased reopening of education settings
- Guidance to help primary schools plan their reopening
- Guidance on supporting learning at home for early years and primary age children
- Guidance on helping secondary school children continue their education
- A list of online resources to support children’s development
- Information on how qualifications will be graded and awarded in summer 2020
Guidance has also been issued regarding school attendance, which can be read here.
If parents want further advice, the Department for Education coronavirus helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline on 0800 046 8687 (8am to 6pm – Monday to Friday; 10am to 4pm – weekends).