It's ok to feel lonely, particularly at a time like this. Don't suffer in silence, we can all help each other stay connected. Throughout December, the Let’s Talk Loneliness advent calendar is sharing practical advice, inspiring stories, and support routes to encourage people to take the first steps to alleviate loneliness in themselves and others.
If you are lonely you can:
- Keep in touch with friends, family and neighbours.
- Ask for help if you are feeling lonely by getting in touch with organisations that offer support - there’s a list on the Let’s Talk Loneliness website.
- Set a routine with online activities, regular tasks or by volunteering.
If you are worried about someone who is lonely:
- Phone a friend or send a letter to a family member you think may be lonely.
- Smile, wave or chat from a safe distance with a neighbour.
- Help out through volunteering with local groups or by offering regular conversation to someone living alone.