The Sustainable Land Trust offers a range of practical, outdoor training as an alternative to mainstream education to those not in education, employment or training, the long term unemployed, those excluded from school or those in danger of being excluded from school.
By working with local schools, charities and service providers we offer land based training, work experience opportunities and bespoke courses adapted to meet individual needs. The services we offer are designed by those with years of industry experience and have been tailored to get people into work or into further training within the land based, farming and conservation sectors.
- to be provided with the opportunity and setting to reflect on their behaviour and be supported make a positive change
- to engage in exciting, practical activities designed to challenge them both physically and mentally
- to gain recognised qualifications to support them into land based careers
- to be offered opportunities to meet and work with local employers
- be encouraged develop entrepreneurial skills