What does the service provide? What is an Admiral Nurse?
Admiral Nurses are specialist dementia nurses who give much-needed practical and emotional support to family carers, as well as the person with dementia. Admiral Nurses can support you and your family throughout your experience of dementia, tailoring the support to your individual needs and challenges. You will be given the knowledge you need to understand the condition and its effects, the skills and tools to improve communication, and provided with emotional and psychological support to help you carry on your caring role.
The service is available to people living in Rutland who have dementia, and their carers, family members and friends.
The service will:
- Work with family carers as their prime focus
- Provide practical advice, emotional support, information and skills
- Promote best practice in person centered dementia care
- Provide supportive education to professionals working with people with dementia
- One to one emotional support for carers
- Pre diagnostic support
- Support through transitions in care
- Bereavement support