A free bus pass is available to qualifying disabled people for off peak travel. This is 9:30am - 11:00pm Monday - Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays.
Eligibility is restricted to those who:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly deaf or severely deaf
- are without speech
- are disabled, or has suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long term effect on your ability to walk
- does not have arms or has long term loss of the use of both arms
- has a learning disability, that is, a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
- has a moderate to severe disability and would, if applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, have your application refused pursuant to section 92 of that Act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the grounds of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.
Rutland County Council also offer travel tokens as an alternative to a free bus pass.
Those receiving the higher rate mobility allowance will not be entitled to claim free travel through this scheme.