What is covered?
The programme will look at what may be influencing the young person’s behaviour, how behaviour patterns can be learnt; the link between thoughts, feelings and behaviour and practical parenting strategies to enable you to support your young person to overcome their anxiety and avoidance behaviours.
Aims of the Group
- Provide a safe, relaxed and supportive atmosphere for parents/carers to share their experiences and gain support from other parents & professionals
- Empower parents to become the expert on their young person.
- Give a clear basic model to explain what can cause and maintain a young person’s anxiety
- Help you understand the internal and external processes that can influence a young person’s state of mind and therefore their behaviour.
- Gain understanding of how behaviour can be learnt and how it can be changed
- Help parent’s understand how you can intervene to increase wanted behaviour.
- Give you some strategies to promote emotional security in an anxious young person
- The core of the programme is based on the Centre for Fun and Families Nationally Accredited parent programme with expertise drawn from CAMHS Primary Mental Health Team, The Cool Kids and Timid to Tiger Programmes.