This preschool has a professional team of fun loving, caring staff and a moto of ‘learning through play’. They achieve this through many varied outside activities and experiences, including playing in their outside play area, using the local play area and frequent nature walks around the village.
They also make visits to Forest School and Oakham Library and Museum. Inside activities include music sessions, Fun Fit, Yoga plus many more. However it is their extremely strong relationship with the Whissendine Primary School which sets them aside from other preschools in their area and prepares them for school readiness.
They enjoy regular visits and activities with the school and excellent transition processes are in place to ensure a smooth move from pre-school into school.
Where to go
- Village Hall, Main Street
- LE15 7ES
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
Mon - Thurs
- Offers pickups
How does the setting/school/college know if children/young people need extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?
- At Whissendine Pre-School our motto is ‘Learning through Play’ and this follows through in our approach to learning. All children are treated equally in a positive and welcoming environment.
How will early years setting/school/college staff support my child/young person?
- Through good observation, reflection and planning we give the children the opportunity to extend their learning in a safe and stimulating environment, based on their needs, interests and stage of development, to enable them to progress and achieve their full potential.
How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
- We take into account the individual children’s interests and stage of development when carrying out our planning and offer a good mixture of Freeplay and adult led activities.
How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
- Many children through their educational life may have a special need at one time or another. It is very important to us that we help to identify these needs and support the child in any way we can. We have had many fantastic experiences helping those children who have additional needs. We have supported a child who suffers with Rett Syndrome and a child who was registered blind. We have also supported children with behavioural difficulties and speech and language delay.
What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall wellbeing?
- We are a small village Pre-School but this works to the children’s advantage because not only do we have wonderful caring staff but excellent Staff: Child ratios. This means the children get more personal attention than in some bigger nurseries. We have a lot of experience of dealing with outside bodies such as speech and language and the County Councils inclusion team. We also have experience of multi-agency meetings.
What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the setting / school / college?
- Although we may not have resources on hand to cater for all needs straight away we are very keen to gain these resources as and when they are needed. We feel that by doing this we are treating all children on an individual basis. This is the most important aspect of working with any child who has additional needs of any degree. In order to gain these resources we would work very closely with the child’s parents, any setting the child may have previously attended and any other agencies that may be involved with the family. Once the resources are in place, an Individual Learning and Provision Plan would written between parents/carers, the Key Person, Pre-School Manager/SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) to plan for and ensure that the best possible care and education can be delivered.
- Contact Name
- Denise Chipman
- Contact Telephone
- 01664 474412
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (0-5)
This page was last updated on: 04/03/2020