Skip to main content

Families Rutland Information Service

Secretary of State Approved List of Independent Educational Establishments

All local authorities must make this list available to the parents of children who receive an EHC.

The list features all independent schools and colleges for children with special educational needs or disability (SEND), including:

NMSS are schools that the Secretary of State for Education has approved under section 342 of the Education Act 1996.

You can filter the lists by local authority or by type of school.

If you have any questions about this list, please contact:

Independent Education and Boarding Team

Mowden Hall
Staindrop Road 
County Durham 


Telephone: 01325 735 304

Who to contact

See the list

Local Offer

This page was last updated on: 17/06/2020

Back to top