Carer’s Allowance is the main state benefit for carers. You may be eligible to claim £62.70 a week if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You look after someone who gets a qualifying disability benefit.
- You look after that person for at least 35 hours a week.
- You are aged 16 or over.
- You are not in full-time education.
- You earn £110 a week (after deductions) or less.
- You satisfy UK residence and presence conditions.
You don’t have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for to be eligible.
For each week that you are eligible for Carer’s Allowance, you will automatically get National Insurance Credits, making it easier to get a State Pension in the future.