Ambitions Day Opportunities at New College Stamford is a provision for adults who have a wide range of learning and physical disabilities.
The emphasis is on developing skills and experiences and supporting young people towards employment, supported living or their own personal goals of independence.
Ambitions provide a range of activities, steered by the young people themselves. This can include;
- Cooking and kitchen skills in our adapted kitchens
- Gaining work experienc e- internally at college or in our high street shop
- Inclusive sports activities at our local sports centre
- Expressing yourself and being creative through ‘Ambitions Performing Group’
- Getting out and about in Stamford and taking part in community events
- Attending weekly recreational activities in the community supported by staff eg. Swimming, horse riding, bowling etc
- Having a valued role in our Social Enterprise company- work experience in a realistic setting
- Developing employability skills in ‘Ambitions Work Skills’ Group
- Building friendships in structured social activities and events
Being based at the college also means that service users have access to library, cafes, hair and beauty salon, theatre, personal care suite, horticulture cabin, restaurant, sensory room and many college based events.