Warm Home Discount Scheme
With the Warm Home Discount Scheme, you could get £140 off your electricity bill. The money isn’t paid to you - it’s a one-off discount on your electricity bill between October and April.
There are 2 ways to qualify for the Warm Home Discount Scheme:
- You get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit - known as the ‘core group’
- You’re on a low income and meet your energy supplier’s criteria for the scheme - known as the ‘broader group’.
How you apply for the Warm Home Discount Scheme depends on how you qualify for the discount.
The following energy providers currently offer the Warm Home Discount:
- Affect Energy – see Octopus Energy
- Atlantic – see SSE
- British Gas
- British Gas Evolve (formerly British Gas X)
- Bulb Energy
- Co-op Energy – see Octopus Energy
- E (Gas and Electricity)
- E.ON Next
- Ecotricity - only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’EDF Energy
- ESB Energy – only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
- GEUK (Green Energy UK) - only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
- London PowerM&S Energy
- Nabuh Energy
- Octopus Energy
- Outfox the Market – only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
- Rebel Energy – only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
- Sainsbury’s Energy
- Scottish Gas – see British Gas
- Scottish Hydro – see SSE
- Energy Retail
- So Energy
- Southern Electric – see SSE
- Swalec – see SSE
- Utility Warehouse
- The following suppliers were part of the scheme but are no longer trading:
- Avro Energy
- Bristol Energy
- Green – ‘core group’ only
- Igloo Energy – ‘core group’ only
- People’s Energy
- Pure Planet
- Together Energy
- Utility Point
If you are eligible and your supplier has gone bust, your new supplier will let you know if the Warm Home Discount is available once you transfer over. You are free to switch to a different supplier if your new supplier does not offer the Warm Home Discount.
As a result of the increase in the Price Cap which was announced on 4th February 2022, the eligibility criteria for 2022 has been extended by almost a third and will benefit up to three million vulnerable households.
For more information, visit Warm Home Discount.