Skip to main content

Rutland Information Service

When people can't agree - a guide from the Department for Education for young people with SEND

The guide for young people aged 16 to 25 is useful if you want to know who to talk to if you are unhappy with the help you are getting for your special educational needs or disability at school or college.

It is important to understand the difference between SEN Support and an EHC plan. If you are receiving SEN Support, it is expected that your school or college will take responsibility for assessing your needs. This includes putting in place the right help so you can achieve your best. This is the situation that most young people with a special educational need will find themselves in.

Who to contact

Visit the website for more information

This page was last updated on: 23/09/2019

Back to top