Skip to main content

Rutland Information Service

Vehicle Tax Reduction


You can get a 50% reduction in vehicle tax if you get the PIP standard rate mobility component.

You can’t get a reduction for getting the DLA lower rate mobility component.

How to claim

Send all of the following to DVLA Swansea:

  • your statement of entitlement (it’s at the end of your PIP award letter)
  • the vehicle registration certificate (V5C)
  • a V10 form
  • an original MOT or GVT certificate (if your vehicle needs one)
  • a cheque or payable order (made out to ‘DVLA, Swansea’) for 50% of the full rate of car tax for the vehicle

SA99 1DZ

Who to contact


This page was last updated on: 02/07/2020

Back to top