Our Joining Forces project offers support to aged veterans born before 1950. It provides a range of services which reflect and respond to their individual needs. Length of service in the Armed Forces is irrelevant — anyone who has ever served for their country can be supported through this project.
The project offers a range of support which is not time limited and will make sure you know who to go to if you need more support in the future
- Advice, information and one-to-one help with problem solving, completing paperwork, signposting to other support opportunities and a listening ear if you have no family network.
- Our Independent Living Co ordinators can work alongside you, devoting the time needed to resolve any issues you are facing, including those which are complex and multi-faceted.
- Assistance in the community, such as escorting you to medical appointments.
- Befriending home visits
- Veterans Cafés where you can meet up with other veterans for a chat or to reminisce
- Outings to military and non-military places of interest including attendance to military remembrance events