The Child Growth Foundation (CGF) is a leading UK charity focusing on the support and management of rare growth conditions affecting children and adults. We have many parents and children who are members, as well as a large and active adult membership.
On the site, you can find helpful information whether you are a parent whose child has a suspected or diagnosed growth problem, an adult or family member of someone with a growth or endocrine disorder, or a medical professional.
They aim to:
- Support and encourage all children or adults with growth disorders, and their families, in every way we can
- Promote and fund research into the causes and cure of growth and endocrine disorders, and publish the results
- Educate the public and support/advise medical professionals, in the challenges those with growth and endocrine disorders are likely to face
- Encourage medical professionals at all levels to monitor growth and development. Providing training and equipment to ensure that all growth measuring is undertaken accurately and appropriately
The conditions supported by the Foundation are:
- Russell Silver Syndrome (RSS)/Intrauterine Growth Retardation (IUGR)/Small for Gestational Age (SGA)
- Bone Dysplasia
- Sotos Syndrome
- Premature Sexual Maturity (PSM)
- Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD)/Multiple Pituitary Hormone Deficiency (MPHD)
- Weavers Syndrome
- Tatton Brown Rahman Syndrome