Skip to main content

Rutland Information Service

SEND - Education Health Care Plans

Special Education Needs for children and young people
We work with all young people and children with Education Health Care Plans and their families from the point of EHC needs assessment applications through to writing and then maintaining Education Health Care Plans.

This involves ensuring statutory guidelines and timeframes are met, preparing papers to present at panel meetings for EHC needs assessments, sourcing and identifying suitable education provisions, visiting schools and education providers.

We can give advice about the EHC process and signpost to Independent Support. We work closely with schools and education providers, health and social care to ensure cohesive co-production and partnership working for the best interests of the child or young person

Who to contact

Contact Position
SEND Case Officer
01572 722 577
Parent Organisation
Rutland County Council

Where to go

Catmose House
Catmos Street
LE15 6HP

Time / Date Details

When is it on
Monday - Thursday 8:30 - 17:00
Friday 8:30 - 16:30

Other Details


Age Ranges
0-25 Years
Referral required
Referral Details

The following people have a specific right to ask a local authority to conduct an Education Health and Care needs assessment for a child or young person between 0 and 25:

  • The child’s parent
  • A young person over the age of 16 but under the age of 25, and
  • A person acting on behalf of a school or post-16 institution (this should ideally be with the knowledge and agreement of the parent or young person where possible)

In addition, anyone else can bring a child or young person who has (or may have) SEN to the attention of the local author, particularly where they think an EHC needs assessment may be necessary.

Children need to be resident within Rutland unless a Rutland CLA.

Local Offer

This page was last updated on: 13/11/2018

Back to top