Throughout the sessions we will be focusing on:
- Providing skills to cope with behaviours related to your relative’s memory problems.
- Developing skills to help you, including changing unhelpful thoughts, communication, assertiveness, relaxation, and pleasant activities.
- Planning for you and your relative’s future needs.
- Helping you maintain the skills you have learned over time.
There will be eight sessions each lasting one hour and each will include:
- A new topic to discuss.
- Making a plan for you to try out between sessions.
- A new way of reducing stress.
- Strategies to put into practice during, and between sessions.
Session 1: Stress and well-being
Session 2: Reasons for changes in behaviour
Session 3: Making a behaviour plan
Session 4: Behaviour strategies and unhelpful thoughts
Session 5: Communication
Session 6: Planning for the future
Session 7: Pleasant events and your mood
Session 8: What works? Using skills and strategies in the future
For further details and how to get on the programme please email AdmiralNurse@Rutland.gov.uk