Skip to main content

Adults Rutland Information Service

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you are disabled and need to make changes to your home, you could be entitled to a grant from Rutland County Council. This won’t affect any benefits you get but it could help you:

  • Adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use
  • Improve access to rooms and facilities – eg by installing a stair lift or downstairs bathroom
  • Widen doors and install ramps
  • Provide a heating system suitable for your needs

Disabled children under 18 can get a grant without their parents’ income being taken into account. Contact Rutland County Council for more information.

What you may be eligible for

In England, the grant is up to £30,000. How much help you are eligible for depends on your household income and household savings over £6,000.You might not get any grant if you start work on your property before the council approves your application.


You or someone living in your property must be disabled. Either you or the person you’re applying for must: own the property or be a tenant, and intend to live in the property during the grant period (which is currently 5 years).

You can also apply for a grant if you’re a landlord and have a disabled tenant.

The council needs to confirm that the work is necessary and appropriate to meet the disabled person’s needs, and is reasonable and feasible in the property.

4. How to apply

Apply through the Rutland County Council Adult Duty Team on 01572 722 577. The council will send an occupational therapist round to see you. They’ll check your circumstances and see what changes you need.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Adult Duty Team
Contact Position
Rutland County Council
01572 722 577
Visit the Rutland County Council Adult Social Care website

Where to go

Catmose House
Catmos Street
LE15 6HP
View LE15 6HP on a map

Time / Date Details

When is it on
8:30 - 17:00 Monday - Thursday
8:30 - 16:30 Friday

This page was last updated on: 25/08/2022

Back to top