At Age Care Advice, we strongly believe that each person’s journey during an illness or disability is unique and that people require consistent, trustworthy and individual support.
We offer an opportunity to have one local Care Coordinator/companion working alongside you during you or your loved ones’ experience and journey.
Aspects of the service include, but are not limited to:
- Appropriate, monitored, responsive local Care Coordination
- Helping promote your benefit uptake and continuing healthcare funding
- Monitoring of your loved one if you take a break or a holiday
- Guaranteed same day response
- Support and advocacy when attending appointments such as memory clinic, GP, consultants, solicitors, dental, optical or hearing appointments
- Capacity assessments
- Finding the right care home or live-in care
- Helping you find a tradesman such as a gardener or electrician
- Attendance when you have someone come to quote or do work in your home
- Help in realising the most support with a personal budget when working with social services
- Representation if you are in hospital
- Helping with a discharge plan when you are ready to leave to go home, along with monitoring you at home when you get there
- Being the first point of contact on your carer’s emergency plan and/or with the lifeline alarm service