Beat’s vision is that eating disorders will be overcome.
Beat’s aims are:
- To change the way everyone thinks and talks about eating disorders
- To improve the way services and treatment are provided
- And to help anyone believe that their eating disorder can be overcom
We do this by:
- Challenging the stereotypes and stigma that people with eating disorders face
- Campaigning for better services and treatment
- Providing information, support and encouragement to seek treatment and recovery
We provide information and support through Helplines which people can call, text or email; online support including information, message boards and online support groups; and Helpfinder, an online directory of support services.
We also run specific projects. Our Emotional Overeating project includes support groups for people who binge eat, compulsively overeat, feel they have emotional eating issues and are overweight or obese or struggling with their weight.
We support and encourage research into eating disorders and challenge stereotypes and stigma, increase understanding and campaign for better services and access to treatment.