The course is designed to cover the important elements of delivering a Boccia activity within the community.
Outcomes of the course:
- Introduce and teach the game of Boccia, understand basic rules and the interpretation of rules
- Lead Boccia sessions with an appropriately structured activity plan and in accordance with health and safety requirements
- Be aware of the needs of individuals and the empowerment of all players
- Teach basic skill practices to players
- Introduce creativity and fun sessions
- Have an understanding of the existing competitive structures to enable individuals to progress in the sport
The course is suitable for community workers, leaders and individual players (16+ years), including those involved with:
- Residential homes
- Sports clubs
- Physical education
- Disability groups
- County Sports Partnerships
Cost: £25 per person.
Book your place today!
For further information contact Lauren on LCotton@rutland.gov.uk or 01572 720909