Need care in the evening, at a weekend or on a Bank Holiday?
Rutland Memorial Hospital is open.
You can use this service if you have a minor injury or illness that needs urgent attention, but is not life-threatening.
How to get an appointment:
- By calling NHS 111 – you will be assessed and if you need an appointment, one will be made for you. This might be at one of the other local centres listed below if there are no appointments available at Rutland Memorial Hospital.
- Through your GP practice – during the week, if you are registered with a Rutland GP practice, they can make an evening or weekend appointment for you.
- By walking in – you can walk-in without an appointment at any of the urgent care centres. Your needs will be assessed. If you need to be seen, you will be allocated the next available appointment. At busy times, this may mean your appointment is later in the day or at another centre. You may be referred to a different service, a pharmacy for example, if your needs could be treated there.
There are five other local centres you can also use:
Enderby Leisure Centre: Mill Lane, Enderby, Leicester LE19 4LX
Feilding Palmer Hospital: Gilmorton Rd, Lutterworth LE17 4DZ
St Luke’s Treament Centre: 33 Leicester Road, Market Harborough, LE16 7BN
Melton Mowbray Hospital: Thorpe Road, Melton Mowbray LE13 1SJ
Oadby Urgent Care Centre: 18 The Parade, Oadby LE2 5BJ
Need care during the day between Monday and Friday?
It is always advisable to contact your own GP in the first instance.
Minor injuries and illnesses can also be treated at Oadby Urgent Care Centre between 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday. This service is run in the same way as the evening, weekend and bank holiday service and can be accessed by calling NHS 111, by pre-booking via your GP practice (if you are registered in East Leicestershire and Rutland) or by walking in for treatment.
Additionally, there are minor injury only services in East Leicestershire and Rutland that are open between 8.30am and 6.30pm. These services are available to everyone, regardless of which GP practice they are registered with and you can walk-in for treatment. These services are available at:
- Rutland Memorial Hospital, Oakham (x-ray available until 5pm)
- St Luke’s Treatment Centre, Market Harborough (x-ray available until 5pm)
- Latham House Medical Practice, Melton Mowbray