Skip to main content

Families Rutland Information Service

Children's Independent Advocacy Service

What is an advocate and how can they help me?

An advocate is someone with lots of experience of working with young people. They can help to explain things that you might not understand and can help you to make sure that you have your say and that you are involved in decisions about your life.

They can support you to attend meetings and will make sure you know about your rights. Advocates can also help you speak out when things go wrong.

Who is this service for?

Our Service is for any children and young people who are in care and looked after, young people leaving care, unaccompanied and refugee children, children with disabilities and children on a Child Protection Plan. It doesn't matter where you live or what type of placement it is.

Still not sure?

Freephone: 08000129112 leave us a quick message on this number and ask for someone to call you back. An advocate will call you back to explain more about the service so you can decide if it’s for you.

Who to contact

0800 0129112
Parent Organisation
Young People's Services

Other Details


A free service


Age Ranges
Referral required
Referral Details

Our Online Advocacy referral form can be viewed here.

This page was last updated on: 20/07/2022

Back to top