The impact of suicide can affect everyone in the community. Every life lost to suicide matters and represents someone's child, partner, parent, friend or co-worker. Across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland everyone can make a contribution to prevent suicide.
Start a Conversation is a suicide prevention campaign that aims to build a community that is committed to the mental health and wellbeing of its residents. A non-judging environment where care and support is available to those in distress or those bereaved or affected by suicide. Through a raised awareness and open and honest conversations about suicide we believe that every person has the potential to make a difference and save a life.
Our campaign aims to make it okay to start a conversation about suicide and we want to:
- remove the stigma and myths that surround suicide
- make sure people in distress have access to the help, advice and support they need
- provide help, advice and support to those who have been bereaved or affected by suicide
- provide information and advice on ways to improve mental health and wellbeing
- raise awareness of suicide across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland