Skip to main content

SEND Local Offer Rutland Information Service

Search Results (6)

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Coronavirus: Letter of support from Leicestershire Police and the CCG

If you are supporting someone to go out in the community but are worried they will not be able to abide by the current coronavirus guidelines, Leicestershire Police and the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have published a letter showing their support . The letter explains…

Unregistered Childcare

Unregistered childcare is more informal than registered childcare. Unregistered childcare includes: babysitters family and friends who look after your child sessions where parents attend, such as parent and toddler groups If you use unregistered childcare you will not be able to claim financial help with…

Supporting children during the coronavirus outbreak

The coronavirus outbreak is a challenging time for many, including children and young people. Listed below are some resources to help support children during the outbreak.

Involving the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)

Involving the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) When progress continues to be less than expected the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) may be involved to ensure that needs are identified accurately and that appropriate support is put in place. The SENCO is a teacher…

What is not special educational need (SEN) but could impact on the child/young person's ability to learn?

Schools and colleges have a duty to monitor progress of all pupils.  Sometimes a lack  of or slow progress becomes a cause for concern.  A delay in learning may not indicate that a child or young person has special educational need (SEN) that calls for special…

Personal Assistant Network - PA

A Personal Assistant (PA) is someone who is employed to provide everyday care and support for adults, children or young people. This may include personal and domestic care, helping someone access their local community, as well as other day to day activities. Having a PA to provide support…

Financial crisis support

Rutland County Council's website has information to help you if you're struggling due to sudden financial hardship, for example damage caused by a flood or fire, or if you need help to leave a violent relationship. 

Children, Young People and Families Participation and Engagement Framework

Why Participation and Engagement? Participation and Engagement gives children and young people a chance to be involved in shaping and designing the support and services they can use.  It is about listening to what matters most to them and taking their views seriously. Participation and…

SEND and Inclusion team - Covid-19 update

Rutland County Council's SEND and Inclusion team have today released information on how they continue to support families during Covid-19, and how their services have been affected as a result of the outbreak. 

How the SEND and Inclusion team are working to support families

In the extraordinary circumstances that we are all now faced with, the impact of Covid-19 has meant that we are looking at new ways of working to try and ensure we continue to provide the same level of service to our families. The SEND and…
Back to top