Skip to main content

SEND Local Offer Rutland Information Service

Search Results (6)

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Speaking up for you

If you are 16 years old or older, you will be the main person making decisions. Having someone to speak on your behalf is known as advocacy. An advocate can support you to express your views about education, your future plans and how you prepare…

Your health

Your health is really important! This part of the Local Offer on RIS is where you will find all the services that can help you live as healthily as possible. You can either: Click the 'view all services' button to see all health services. Type…

Your Home

There are several housing options available for people with SEND. Which one is most suitable for you depends on your own needs and wishes.  To find out more, you can either: Click the 'view all services' button to see all services that offer help with…

Living independently

Living independently means having choice and control over all aspects of your life. This might involve: choosing where you live enjoying time with family and friends taking part in leisure activities studying, training and working Living independently does not mean living alone without support. It…

Personal Health Budgets

Personal Health Budgets  A personal health budget is an amount of money to support a person with continuing care needs or particularly complex health needs that we are not able to meet using locally commissioned health services. The most important thing about a personal health…

Making Your Voice Heard: Independent Advocacy

The Council will involve you in any decisions made about you and your care and support. If you are unable to or have difficulty being involved, then an independent advocate might be needed.

Frequently Asked Questions for Carers

This page answers some frequently asked questions carers may have about the support available to them.

Direct Payments - Managing Your Own Care and Support

If you have eligible care and support needs, a direct payment can help you to have more control over your life and support your independence. If you are a carer, a direct payment can support you to carry out your caring role.

Childcare in neighbouring counties

If you would like to find an early education and childcare provider in a neighbouring county, you can find places on other local authority information sites. The links below will take you to the childcare finder page for that county: Leicestershire County Council Northamptonshire County Council…

Learning Disability and Autism Partnerships for Children and Young People

The Learning Disability and Autism Partnerships aims to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and/or autism, including those with a mental health condition. There is a commitment to focus on increased support in the community by building on preventative support that will…
Back to top