Skip to main content

SEND Local Offer Rutland Information Service

Search Results (29)

Advice & Information

 Directory results

FAQs for parents and carers

Rutland County Council answer some questions asked via Rutland Parent Carer Voice. 

Financial crisis support

Rutland County Council's website has information to help you if you're struggling due to sudden financial hardship, for example damage caused by a flood or fire, or if you need help to leave a violent relationship. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Rutland County Council answer some FAQs about SEND services for children and young people in Rutland. FAQs relating specifically to the coronavirus and education can be found here. 

Frequently Asked Questions for Carers

This page answers some frequently asked questions carers may have about the support available to them.

The Future Rutland Conversation: Have your say on Rutland's Future

From Thursday 1 April, Rutland County Council will be launching the Future Rutland Conversation, a new community engagement campaign designed to capture people’s views and aspiration for the county’s future.  Everyone’s voice counts, from those who live and work in Rutland to businesses and visitors…

Getting around

Here you will find information about transport and other services available to help you get and about in around Rutland including:  school transport for those with or without a statement or Education, Health and Care plan  Information about specialised transport  support with travel costs  support available to young people for independent travel  travel arrangements to support young people to access further education

Getting the most out of technology

Technology is becoming increasingly popular to help people be as independent as possible. Listed below is a variety of apps and gadgets that can help with using devices and staying safe.

Graduated approach to meeting SEND in School

Where a pupil is identified as having SEND, schools should take action to remove barriers to learning and put effective special educational provision in place.The vast majority of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND) are supported in local mainstream schools.  …

Health and Wellbeing

Keeping well and healthy is really important for everyone. The NHS provide universal services that everyone can access and use. Details of these services can be found on the NHS Choices website which also has lots of information and advice. Children with special educational needs…

Help With Childcare Costs

You can get help paying for childcare if it’s provided by a: registered childminder, playscheme, nursery or club childminder with an Ofsted-registered childminding agency registered school home careworker working for a registered home care agency This is known as ‘approved childcare’. Check what help you…
Back to top