Skip to main content

SEND Local Offer Rutland Information Service

Search Results (602)

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Preparing for Adulthood information, ideas and resources

The Preparing for Adulthood programme (PfA) is delivered by the National Development Team for inclusion (NDTi), and funded by the Department for Education as part of the Delivering Better Outcomes Together consortium. The Preparing for Adulthood programme's website offers resources on a range of topics, including Independent Living, Education,…

Making Your Voice Heard: Independent advocacy for adults

The Council will involve you in any decisions made about you and your care and support. If you are unable to or have difficulty being involved, then an independent advocate might be needed.

Getting the most out of technology

Technology is becoming increasingly popular to help people be as independent as possible. Listed below is a variety of apps and gadgets that can help with using devices and staying safe.

Counter Terrorism Policing

Counter Terrorism Policing is a collaboration of UK police forces working with the UK intelligence community to help protect the public and our national security by preventing, deterring and investigating terrorist activity. For more information about any radicalisation concerns you may have please visit the…

FAQs for parents and carers

Rutland County Council answer some questions asked via Rutland Parent Carer Voice. 

TailfeatherTV: A new and exciting YouTube channel for pre-school children

TailfeatherTV is a new and exciting YouTube channel for children with and without additional needs.  Following the Early Years Foundation Stage framework for Learning and Development, children can explore and engage with fun topics through: Dance, singing, signing, learning, and playing. Co-written and presented by brilliantly talented young…

Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for informal carers

Parent carers and other informal carers across Rutland can now access free stocks of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.  Informal carers provide care on an unpaid basis, often to family members. Some will provide a few hours of care…

Young Carers Service

*There are changes to the way our children's social care services are running at the moment, because of COVID-19. These changes include: assessments being completed virtually,  socially distanced face to face meetings, some services only being available over the phone or email and some of…

Child employment and performance licences

The Employment of Children A child is classed as ‘employed’ if they assist in any trade or activity carried out for the purpose of making money, whether or not payment is received for that assistance. This includes working in their family’s business. For further details…
Back to top