There are plenty of options for you to choose what to do next. These include college courses, Supported Internships, voluntary or paid work.
Speak to the Youth Education and Careers Service at Jules House for advice.
You can either:
- Click the 'view all services' button to see all services that offer help to find a job or course.
- Type what you are looking for in the 'keywords' box to search for services.
The Youth Education and Careers Service
We are based at Jules House in Oakham and offer help and support for young people with their future plans.
We work with other support services within the team at Jules House and can direct you to the right people to get the help you need.
The Youth Education and Careers Service offers:
- One-to-one careers advice
- Searching for a job
- Writing a CV
- Interview techniques
- Courses and training options
- A vacancy information service for young people and employers
Who can use our service:
We can help you if you live in Rutland and one of these statements applies to you:
- I’m aged 16-19 and not in education, employment or training
- I get support in school or college from the Youth Education and Careers Service
- I have a current education, health and care plan (EHCP)
- I need help after my GCSE results
Please check at Jules House, or with your school or college if you are unsure about any of the above.
Download our Careers Leaflet
Who to contact
Jules House - 01572 758 301 or email us.
Jules House, 1 Cold Overton Road, Oakham, Rutland LE15 6NT
Apprenticeships and Employment
If you’re looking for an apprenticeship, traineeship or employment opportunities, the Jules House Youth Education and Careers team can help.
Local apprenticeship vacancies are listed on our Education and Careers page.
If you want to check out/apply for these vacancies or find those further afield, you can register and apply on the national find apprenticeships website.
If you would like to chat to someone, contact Sandra or Helen at Jules House on 01572 758 301 or email.
If you aren’t eligible for support from the Youth Education and Careers team, help is still available from the National Careers Service.
You can contact the National Careers Service Advisers for free:
- Telephone - 0800 100 900 (8am to 10pm every day)
- Text: 07766 413 219
- Web chat, and email
Rutland Adult Learning and Skills Service (RALSS)
Apprenticeship training and employment are offered through Rutland Adult Learning and Skills Service (RALSS) training in Oakham.
RALSS currently offers apprenticeships and professional training in the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
- Customer Service
- Early Years Educator
- Support Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Accounting (AAT)
Contact RALSS for more information.