Skip to main content

SEND Local Offer Rutland Information Service

Moving to Adult Social Care

When you turn 18, you are no longer classed as a “child” but as an “adult”, and will receive help from Adult Social Care if needed. This can be scary for a lot of people who are not keen on changes, but they’re a really helpful and friendly team.

Adult Social Care can support you with housing, learning new skills, looking for a job and more. For more information about the transition process, click here

You can either:

  • Click the 'view all services' button to see all services about moving to adult social care.
  • Type what you are looking for in the keywords box to search for services.

Guide to Preparing for Adulthood

Rutland County Council and Rutland Parent Carer Voice have put together a guide to supporting you into adulthood.

The guide aims to provide you with information to help you become as independent as possible and live a fulfilling life.

Read the guide.  

Back to top