Skip to main content

Rutland Information Service

Child employment and performance licences

RCC logo

The Employment of Children

A child is classed as ‘employed’ if they assist in any trade or activity carried out for the purpose of making money, whether or not payment is received for that assistance. This includes working in their family’s business. For further details please visit Rutland County Council website.

Children's performance licences

All children (from birth to the end of the school year in which they turn 16 years old) need a licence to take part in a public performance or activity. You can apply for a child performance related licences including Chaperone Licences through Rutland County Council.

Back to top