Who are your DCO team for SEND?
Hello! I’m Jane Young, the DCO for special educational needs and disability (SEND) for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. I work for the Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG)s. They are responsible for ensuring that evidence-based health services are available to meet the population’s needs. My background is as a speech and language therapist (SLT) and SLT Service Manager. I have worked with children and families, and colleagues in health, education and the third sector for over 30 years.
Hello! I’m Natalie Chambers, the CCG SEND Officer for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. I work with Jane to fulfil the DCO role. My background is School Nursing in Special Schools and as a Specialist Public Health Practitioner. I have worked with children and families for over 11 years.
- Provide oversight of children’s health needs and how these are supported by Health services.
- Support the co-ordination of the health services for children and young people with SEND.
- Help all agencies to work together to support children with SEND.
Concerns and complaints about health services
- If you have a formal complaint about a health service your child has received, please contact the local health providers via their formal complaints process. This will usually be described on their website. Or you could try their patient advice and liaison service (PALS) team.
- If you have a formal complaint about the way health services have been commissioned to meet the needs of children with SEND, please email ELR CCG enquiries on enquiries@EastLeicestershireandRutlandccg.nhs.uk
We attend Parent Carer meetings and events as much as we can to talk with parents about their experiences.