Skip to main content

Adults Rutland Information Service

Staying Safe

If you are worried that a child, young person or vulnerable adult may be being abused, it is important that you report your concerns.  

You can report your concerns to Rutland County Council's Duty Team from this page.

You can also report a concern or complaint about a service you have received from Rutland County Council from this page.

I am worried about a child or young person

If the child or young person is in immediate danger, call the Police on 999.

Safeguarding is everybody's business

It is very important that you take action straight away if you think a child you know is being abused. The longer the abuse goes on, the longer it will take for a child to recover.

Sometimes abuse gets worse over time if nothing is done and the child suffers increasingly serious harm.

Children are dependant on others for their survival and have a right to be protected.

In the majority of cases when concerns are reported families may only need extra support to help them keep their children safe. Only in extreme circumstances do concerns reported to Children and Young People's Service result in children having to live apart from their families.

Many parents, relatives, friends and neighbours are concerned about the welfare of the children they know. Although you may understandably feel reluctant to get involved, safeguarding children is everybody's responsibility.

If you are worried about a child or young person:

Report Your Concerns Online

Call the Duty Team: 01572 758 407

Email the Duty Team:

I am worried about a vulnerable adult

Safeguarding is everybody's business...

If you are worried about a vulnerable adult:

Report a concern online

Call the Duty Team: 01572 758341 

Email the Duty Team:

If the person is in immediate danger, call the Police on 999.

See the 'Documents' section of this page for more information on types of abuse and how to report your concerns.

I have a concern or complaint about a service from Rutland County Council

Rutland County Council is always keen to get feedback about the services it provides, including any questions, comments, complaints and compliments you may have.

If you have something to tell us, please Let Us Know

Back to top