A consultation is underway until 22nd June about future plans to support people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland who are affected by dementia. Anyone can comment on the strategy, and views are particularly sought from people living with dementia, their families and carers.
The plan was developed by local health partners and councils, working with people affected by dementia. Some of its aims are:
- to help GPs to support people with dementia by using a standard guide,
- to speed up diagnosis,
- to ensure that services are high-quality, good value and providing equal access to all,
- to help create more dementia-friendly communities,
- to develop training for care providers, and
- to strengthen links with other working groups, particularly around care for people who are approaching the end of their lives.